Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vinylmation Trading Nights! Friday Feb.17th.

Another long awaited trading event held by Disney was last night. After the 2.5 hour drive from Burbank, we finally made it. After the craziness of getting through the door at 7pm and grabbing our table, we started to set up (see photo above).

I must say my faith in vinylmation was strengthened alot last night and not all because the product, but mostly because of the community of collectors it has created. I have met many great collectors and fans over the last few years and every trade event almost seems like a family reunion to me. I remember when I was one of the only tables trading vinylmations in early 2009 and the pin collectors looking at me like some sort of super villain.

But im amazed how many vinylmations have taken over these kinds of events and the life long friends it has created. For that im truly thankful to Disney and all the creative people involved. There was rumors of a Disney vm artist in the area who failed to show up at the event, which disappointed a few fans who thought for sure he would be there.  Collectors enjoyed themselves and with the help of my wife we were able to talk to many fans about my work and the work of others who inspire us. The disney magic was definitely in the air last night. So to the new friends and old friend we saw last night, Thank You for all the awesome support.

Photo Credit: @bkhamamoto (Twitter)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment